Gunfire in residential area upsets neighbors | News
OREGON, OH (Toledo News Now) - Some Oregon residents went to city council after they say they heard gunfire in a residential area.
According to residents of the Star Extension area, gunfire could be heard well into the evening, keeping them up at night. The residents also say the shooting was within 400 feet of a residence, which is illegal.
Councilman Mike Sheehy says the shooting was target practice, not hunting. Sheehy says the person believed to be responsible has been warned, and that if the shooting continues farther action will be taken.
“We're not going to tolerate somebody shooting off repeatedly...weapons late at night when people are trying to sleep disturbing the peace,” said Sheehy.
Copyright 2013 Toledo News Now. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- The Fences of Birmingham: Understanding a Piece of the Neighborhood
- Investigators search for those responsible for arsons
- Hollywood Casino Toledo celebrates 1-year anniversary with outdoor concert series
- Crews battling suspicious vacant house fire in east Toledo
- 2 fires in east Toledo, person in questioning